Friday, March 11, 2011

7 year Mitch

Having still been slightly traumatized from the last live show I had ever done seven years earlier, I had pretty much given up the idea of coming out of retirement. But for some reason, last year I decided that I needed to prove to myself that I could play live again and improve on my last sketchy effort.

I managed to book three different NYC gigs. Each one was a slightly better performance than the last, but each also had a slightly smaller audience. Nonetheless, I was happy I did them because it got me to practice my strumming and singing skills, and learn to play a bunch of songs I had written in the time off. Plus, it was kind of fun too.

Here are samples from my first two performances. I wasn't allowed to videotape the third one.

The first is a new song about a guy who somehow ends up in his own tribute band. It will all be explained if you listen to my intro. (Not to make excuses, but it should be noted that just in time for this first gig in 7 years, I developed a fever of 101 the day before, and had no soundcheck. Hence . . .)


This next one should be somewhat more familiar.


More new songs = more new gigs. So first, more new songs . . .

No comments: