Friday, March 11, 2011

I Hate Love

A friend of mine, and fine Irish songwriter named Peter Fitzpatrick recently started a blog in which he invited bands and musicians to unveil demo tapes from their past that had never been heard before entitled "Want To Hear My New Demotape?"

In the olden days of the late '80s/early '90s I made tons and tons of recordings, usually only finishing the ones I thought were worth the effort. Every now and then I'd write a song, make a quick demo and then come to my senses and not share it with anyone, ever. When Peter started his blog, it jogged my memory of one of my least proud moments in musical history. I scrounged around and found my recording of a song called "I Hate Love" and sent it to Peter, along with the sordid tale behind its creation.

Enjoy, if possible.

The story behind "I Hate Love"

No comments: